About Me

DUE 22nd June 2009

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, November 3, 2008

12 months Ago



It was 12 months ago Aaron asked me to marry him. It was not the normal romantic fairy tale where the prince takes the woman to a stunning meal where he wines and dines her, showers her with a dozen red roses and makes her feel like princess. Then they walk to a romantic place and under the stars he gets on one knee and open and gift box with a diamond the size of a golf ball on a gold band.

My fairy tale is a bit different. Has no nice meal, no roses or flowers of any kind and no ring. I guess if you think about it might have just been a mistake, slip of the tongue or just lack of preparation. Or maybe it was just his own weird way of romantic but individual proposal

I can’t even tell you what had happened that day. I know we had had a nice night and my memories start from sitting outside by the pool. It was warm and we had been chatting for a long time. Abut 1030pm we made our way to bed for our nightly chat ritual I was cuddled up under Aarons arm and chatting away. Once again not even sure about what. He grabbed my hand and stuttered. I knew the moment he grabbed my hand my stomach started to flutter something was wrong. I think it took him a few tries to get it out. But eventually ‘Will you marry me’ popped out.

Now Aaron and I had only been together for 5 months so was a bit shocking. Although he had mentioned it before and joked around I didn’t expect it at all. If anything I was mortified he had asked and I wasn’t prepared. I hate surprises because I can’t think straight I am too excited and worried and emotional. I didn’t say anything to his question and after a few minutes he asked if I was ok. I don’t remember if I answered all I could think of was


I couldn’t talk no words would come out. In the end Aaron stated he was happy to wait for answer so I could think. I know I rolled over and didn’t sleep a wink.

The next day I made a 2 page list of issues surrounding us getting engaged let alone married. Most importantly on the list was the fact I was not divorced yet, how the kids would react, the fact our families wouldn’t be happy, the fact we had only been together for 5 months. All seemed too much risk but for the whole day I spent wondering why their were so many NOs and only 1 yes and that was I really love him and love how we are together. I felt my life had been so complete and special since Aaron came into my life. The idea of saying no seemed stupid, the idea of saying lets wait seemed stupid why not just say yes. Was obviously so important to Aaron to ask now I would put my fears aside and embrace the fist time in my life I didn’t make a decision and I was so excited someone else did and even more so that person decided to be with me and I was worth such a huge risk. I knew I loved Aaron and had full intentions of being with him anyway we had learnt so much about each other and life. I feel like we feed each others need to grow and learn.

That night after dinner and kids were in bed we sat outside and read out my issues then when we hopped back into bed for our nightly ritual Aaron said he understood if I wanted to wait and say no but I said YES.

The rest was a blur Family were shocked and I guess not over the moon at the start. Kids were excited as expected. The next day we went and picked out a ring together, one we both liked and had meaning. I got a 2 tone ring – 2 families unite. With a square with 4 diamonds and 2 small ones on the side. Once the ring arrived Aaron got down on one knee let me photograph and it and asked me again. Was no thinking this time!




glitter-graphics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment